What is dentistry for children?
At Brunswick Family Dental, we offer specialised dental services for children and teenagers. We know that appropriate dental care during adolescence can pave the way for healthy teeth and gums for life. That's why we identify and correct dental issues early on, preventing them from turning into bigger problems.
This is made possible by our amazing team of fully qualified oral health professionals and dental therapists. With their expertise, we're able to provide professional dental care that’s as easy, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible — even for anxious children. By giving children and teens positive dental experiences, we encourage them to have a positive outlook towards dental care throughout their lives.
How is dentistry for children different?
The dental work we do for children and teenagers isn't radically different from the treatment we offer to adults. However, we do try our absolute best to make each procedure as non-invasive and pain-free as possible. We know that children strongly prefer procedures that don't involve any injections, as well as those that allow them to eat straight away afterwards. A great example of this is our fissure sealants.
Though this isn't possible for ALL of our dentistry services for children, we've taken great care to optimise our treatments to be as comfortable for adolescents as possible. We also have a different overall approach in comparison to other practices. Our oral hygienists/child therapists are uniquely equipped to help children and teens feel safe and secure throughout the entire process.
Perhaps the key feature that distinguishes our dental services for children and teens is that it's more preventative. Our primary goal is to stop dental issues before they start. This is why we perform thorough assessments at every appointment to ensure that we don't miss any developing problems. These assessments give us the information we need to provide personalised care throughout your child's adolescence and adult life, such as any weaknesses they may have in their teeth.
What are the advantages of these specialised services?
There are so many benefits to Brunswick Family Dental's specialised services for children and teens. These benefits are both immediate and long-term, which includes:
done_all KEY BENEFITS TO Dentistry for Children MAY INCLUDE:
- Forming Good Habits: We've treated many adults with serious dental issues over the years. We've found that a common cause of these issues was simply poor dental hygiene habits. This is why it's critical to teach children about the importance of visiting the dentist on a regular basis and caring for their teeth properly. If you have them brushing twice a day when they're young, it'll be much easier for them to keep up the good work as adults!
- Preventative Care: As stated above, many of our dentistry services for children are preventative in nature. Receiving preventative treatments as a child is much better than needing to have multiple dental conditions fixed as an adult.
- Long-Term Confidence: Having low self-esteem can be really stressful and destructive, especially for children and teens. By taking them to the dentist for specialised care at a young age, you're ensuring that their teeth will never have to be a source of discomfort or embarrassment. In fact, they'll be quite the opposite!
- Personalised Services: If we begin seeing somebody from a young age, we're able to create a very detailed file about their teeth, any potential weaknesses they may have, issues that may arise, etc. That means we can provide exceptionally personalised services to them well into their adult lives.
- Educational: We always try to make our services interesting and educational (without overwhelming our patient). We want them to know about their teeth and all the best ways to care for them.
Does dentistry for children take longer?
Our dentistry treatments for children and teens don't take longer than our services for adults. We know you have things to do, so we try our best to have our appointments run as efficiently and smoothly as possible. That said, we do alter our approach if your child or teen is very anxious about receiving our dentistry services.
When this happens, we're happy to take some extra time to ensure that they're as comfortable as possible. We're fully equipped to answer any questions and ease any concerns your child may have about our dental treatments, whether it's for mouth guards, fissure sealants, fillings, or anything else. We can also offer tips on how to improve their oral health, such as flossing and brushing techniques.
We do all of this because we're passionate about dental hygiene and oral health. We believe that everyone deserves to have a healthy smile that brings them confidence. That's why it's so important to pass on good habits to children and teens while they're still young. This will help them maintain their hygiene and dental health throughout their adult life.