What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative teeth straightening system that's subtle, effective, and entirely removable. This revolutionary alternative to traditional braces is perfect for those wanting a discreet straightening option. Using a series of clear, custom-made aligners that are replaced regularly, Invisalign realigns your teeth slowly and with minimal interference in your daily life.
Invisalign treatment is currently the most comfortable option for teeth realignment and, unlike braces, allows you to maintain normal everyday brushing and flossing to keep teeth and gums healthy. Also, its removability lets you eat the foods and participate in sports that are limited by traditional braces.
error_outline INDICATIONS FOR Invisalign:
This treatment may be needed in the following situations:
- Have Minor Issues: If you only have some minor gaps and a few misaligned teeth, you shouldn't have to wear a big, bulky set of braces for years. Why not opt for a basic set of removable liners for a much shorter amount of time?
- Fear the Stigma: There remains an unfortunate stigma around wearing braces in society. Adults working in professional environments may fear that wearing braces will cause others to take them less seriously. This makes the subtlety and transparency of Invisalign very desirable.
- Have Busy Schedules: People with busy schedules who are always on the go are usually very well suited to Invisalign over traditional braces, as braces require significantly more maintenance and appointments.
How is Invisalign customised for your teeth?
Before you receive your Invisalign, you'll have to attend an initial consultation. If your dentist determines that you qualify for Invisalign, they'll take impressions, photographs, and radiographs of your teeth to create a personal realignment plan.
If you agree to go ahead with the treatment, you'll be issued your first set of clear retainers within a few weeks. So, how exactly are your Invisalign aligners customised for your teeth? Rather than using moulds, we take advantage of that detailed 3D image we made of your teeth during the initial consultation.
With that data, we're able to create customised liners using plastic, or more specifically, polyurethane resins. We then trim the liners to ensure that they fit securely and comfortably onto your teeth. We’ll monitor the progress of your realignment closely during your visits every 6 weeks until the treatment is complete.
Invisalign is very convenient and the 6 week appointments are very quick. You will get new aligners as your teeth progress and become more straight.
What are the advantages of using Invisalign?
There are many unique advantages to using Invisalign over other straightening options, like traditional braces. Here are some features that have made Invisalign such a popular choice:
done_all KEY BENEFITS TO Invisalign MAY INCLUDE:
- Removable: Braces can make it difficult to play musical instruments, participate in sports, and eat certain foods (like popcorn, gum, and hard lollies). Invisalign, however, is removable. This has made it one of the more convenient teeth straightening options there is.
- Easy to Maintain: Unlike with braces, you can easily take out your Invisalign trays when it's time to brush and floss. You can also clean the trays themselves by rinsing them or brushing them gently.
- Effective: Invisalign has proven to be a highly effective and reliable way of straightening your teeth, even if they're only worn for a fraction of the time of braces.
- Comfortable: Our Invisalign aligners are incredibly comfortable, as they're actually custom-fit to your teeth and mouth. Their smooth plastic and lack of sharp edges make them considerably more pleasant to wear than braces.
- Invisible: Unfortunately, there is still some stigma around people wearing braces. Many feel much more confident wearing Invisalign, as the aligners are almost completely transparent. This is a stark contrast to the bulky brackets and wires you'll wear with braces.
How long does Invisalign take to straighten your teeth?
Invisalign takes approximately 12 months to straighten your teeth. This is a far cry from the 18 months to 3 or 4 years of wearing traditional braces. You'll also have to attend fewer appointments for Invisalign than with braces, as you'll only need to visit your dentist every 6 weeks or so for maintenance.
To get the absolute best results possible in those 12 months, it's essential to wear your Invisalign for at least 22 hours a day. You should also stick to your maintenance appointments, clean your Invisalign regularly, and notify your dentist if you experience any discomfort with your liners. Following these simple rules will help you achieve your dream smile in no time!
Needless to say, efficiency is a key benefit of Invisalign. However, it's important to note that their short timeline is one reason why braces are preferable for people with more severe orthodontic issues. Your dentist can determine whether Invisalign is right for you after performing a thorough assessment of your teeth and gaining an understanding of your lifestyle.